Game 5

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

If you woke up tomorrow as the main character in the fiction book closest to your right,

how would you spend the day? Don’t forget to tell us WHO you would be, and the Author. Have fun!

One comment per person, please!

*** If you haven’t read the Rules Post – do so now before you play, thank you! ***

14 thoughts on “Game 5

1. Ljalja says:

As the unnamed “I” in “Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance” by Robert Pirsig, I would get up, stretch, have breakfast, and go to the barn to do a check-up on the motorcycle.
    After checking the oil and gas and the wheel tension, I would go for a lovely drive along secondary roads. At a gas station I would of course do another thorough check on the bike, tweeking and polishing and whatever needs to be done, after filling up on gas, and before heading out on the road again. I would have pancakes at a local diner somewhere along the way, and return home in the evening to do some more tinkering on the bike before going to sleep. All the while thinking philosophical thoughts of course πŸ™‚

2. heartlessauthor says:

Well, the closest book is A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, and I suppose out of all of the characters I would be Arya Stark.
    (If you mean wake up in this world as the character) Upon waking up I would get ready for the day, eat breakfast, and then run outside to practice with my sword. I wouldn’t stop until I got too hungry to continue, then I would go inside to eat once more. I’d probably then just clean up from all the practicing, polish my sword, and then just stay indoors to play with some cats before eating supper and going to bed.
    (But if you mean wake up as the character still in their world – basically a part of the book) I would just try to make it through the day without dying.

3. Carole says:

Dear Theo: The Autobiography of Vincent Van Gogh compiled by Irving Stone. I have read this book several times since I was 12 years old, which was {mumble} years ago. I guess I would be Theo his brother as there were not a lot of non-prostitute women in his life lol. The day would be spent with me picking his brain about his inspiration for what he paints.

4. Patcharin Reynolds says:

If I were Meg in Furious by Jill Wolfson, if school were still bad for me I’d skip it and plot some more revenge with my other friends on the road to becoming furies, the Ancient Greek furies. It’s not that interesting a world but there’s definitely some magic meddled into that high school life. I’d explore who the character is deeper and taste the revenge my own way that day. Basic,y it’d be a day of exploring my new self, getting revenge with my friends, and do daring this i just may regret later.

5. Diane (PandorazBox80) says:

I was woken up quite early by an urgent phone call from Benton while I was preparing a fabulous breakfast. I quickly put everything away, grabbed my kit, and headed out the door. Lucy and Marino called from the air, and I assured them I was already on my way. When I arrived at the scene, I was saddened to see that the victim is a young girl, and the killer was brutal. I was just finishing up my examination when my phone beeped. It was a text message from a strange number, containing one chilling sentence: “You’re dead, Kay.”

The entire Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell
    (I’m not sure if I wrote a general summary of the series, or the teaser for the next book in it. LOL)

6. Amy Laboy says:

Don’t have any books here with me but I have secretly wanted to be a vampire as long as I can remember. I would love a fraction of their beauty and strength. Not so keen on the blood drinking though. I would love to visit any of the make believe worlds from the books I read. I know I haven’t answered the specific question asked but some of my favorite authors are all represented on my 50/365 Book list for this year.

7. Vicki says:

Oh man – this isn’t a good one for me. If I woke up as the main character of the book closest to me – I wouldn’t wake up cuz I’d be dead!!! LOL!! Although I would wake up at the Station (or whatever Rush names his “world” – haven’t gotten to that yet!!!) πŸ™‚